Questions about Handpiece lubrication?
What handpiece oil works best;
- Food Grade Oil
- Synthetic Oil
- Burn resistant higher then 275 F or 135 C
Why a synthetic handpiece oil;
- Synthetic oils have a slippery characteristic to them which helps clean and expel debris from your handpiece.
- Synthetic oils have a higher temperature range, preventing it from burning in the autoclave.
- You will have less repairs when using Synthetic oil.
Problems with Non-Synthetic handpiece oils;
- Non-Synthetic oils are tacky, causing debris to stick inside of your handpiece (you must use cleaners).
- Non-Synthetic oils generally burn at high temperatures, leaving your handpiece with no lubricant.
- More repair when you use Non-Synthetic oils
- Handpieces using Non-Synthetic oils are black and grimy inside, causing breakdown.